Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here for you!!
If you have any concerns or issues with a Yoga Design Lab product, we encourage you to contact us to help resolve it. We are eager to hear your feedback and will work to ensure your total satisfaction.
1. What is Yoga Design Lab’s Return Policy?
In general, we accept returns or exchanges of any unused, unwashed, unworn merchandise in its original packaging for up to 30 days from the date of purchase. We are unable to refund initial shipping fees and return shipping costs. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, we cannot accept returns of mats or towels that have been removed from their original packaging. Returns or exchanges generally need to be processed by Amazon or with the store where you made your purchase, not through us directly.
- Retailer Purchases (yoga studios, online retailers): Please consult the place of purchase for return policies and any returns or exchanges.
- Amazon.com Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here, or you can reach their customer service at 206-266-2992 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.ca Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.ca within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here , or you can reach their customer service at 1-877-586-3230 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.co.uk Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here , or you can reach their customer service at 0800 496 1081 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.de; Amazon.fr; Amazon.es; Amazon.it Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled at the respective amazon account within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. To process the return please enter your account and go on help and return or you can reach their customer service at 0044 (0)207 084 7911 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.co.jp Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.co.jp within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here, or you can reach their customer service at 00 1206 266 2992 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.com.au Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com.au within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here, or you can reach their customer service at +81 113 509 545 and provide them with your Order Number.
2. Does Yoga Design Lab Guarantee its products or offer a Warranty?
Because of the super eco-friendly materials we use, you may experience a little wear and tear on the Combo Mats after a long period of use. For example:
- The mat material (rubber) is biodegradable, meaning it will gradually harden in the natural environment. In the case of exposure to sun and water, the biodegradation process will speed up. After hardening, the fabric may separate from the rubber more easily.
- The rubber is covered with suede and fastened using heat and pressure. This is much better for the environment than using glue! However it does mean that the strength of the fastening may not be as tight as glue.
- If you follow our instructions regarding caring for your products, your mat will last longer. The props, bags, and towels are more naturally durable. But no worries because we stand by our products!! If you are experiencing any problems within the first year of your purchase, or you feel something is just not quite right, please write to Info@YogaDesignLab.com and we will work it out with you.
3. How do I wash and care for my Yoga Design Lab product?
By following our care instructions your yoga accessories will last longer. Check out Caring for Your Products, to find out more.
4. What is the difference between the Combo Mat and Infinity Mat?
Our Combo Mats are a yoga mat and yoga towel combined. The soft microfibre towel is heat bonded to the natural rubber yoga mat. This makes it ideal for hot yoga practices. Our combination mats also come in three thicknesses to suite your lifestyle.
The Infinity Mat is an anti-slip mat offering grip on the mat whether wet or dry. A natural tree rubber yoga mat is covered with a PU layer that is soft to the touch, ultra-grippy, and laser cut into a beautiful design. This makes it suitable for all kinds of fitness programs. The Infinity Mat is also slightly thicker offering more cushion.
5. Why are Yoga Design Lab ‘Combo Mats’ awesome?
Our signature Combo (Combination) Mats are not only crazy beautiful but a mat and hot yoga towel combined! No more carrying a towel and mat to class. The Combo Mats feature a sustainable tree rubber base adhered to a velvety soft microfiber (made from recycled plastic bottles!) top offering superior grip while absorbing sweat. In fact, the more you sweat the better your grip!
6. Why are there three thicknesses of Combo Mats?
7. Why am I slipping?
You can slide but you don’t slip! Our mats are designed for hot yoga – the more you sweat the more you stick! Upon first touching one of our Combo Mats, you may be a bit surprised to feel the smooth microfiber as its quite different than traditional sticky mats or rubber mats that immediately grip to your hands. Not only do these mats make loads of distracting noises in class, but you may be cheating your muscles from taking on the benefits of the yoga poses. Our mats allow you the freedom to really engage the muscles, and they allow for adjustments and smooth transitioning. If you need to slide your feet a bit closer or bit further, you’ll have the freedom to move and flow without being stuck to your mat.
The sueded microfiber also feels luxurious on the toes as you roll back and forth in sun salutations helping to prevent callouses on the top of the feet. You can slide your heel forward to work toward a full split and gracefully slide it back again not dragging the entire mat with you. If someone does want a little more grip they always have the option of spritzing the mat with a bit of water to increase the microfiber tack. Here is an interesting article about Sticky Mats being the Secret Prop .
Because our mats are made from such eco-friendly materials, they will fell a bit different at first, but after a few downward dogs and a little spritzing you should feel right at home on your new mat!
8. Why is the Infinity Mat awesome?
Our Infinity Mat is awesome because its an anti-slip Yoga, Pilates, or general fitness mat offering superior grip wet or dry. Its 5mm thick offering great cushioning for your knees and spine. The mat is soft to the touch and the beautiful textured patterns assist with your alignment during practise.
9. Why are Yoga Design Lab Yoga Towels awesome?
Our hot yoga towels are not only inspirationally beautiful but made of a top-quality, plush microfiber with sueded finish and extra-strength whipstitching for maximum lifespan. They can also be used as a shower, travel and beach towel!!
MAT TOWEL (72 in x 24 in; .7 lb):
Cover your mat with this lightweight and insanely absorbent beauty to reduce slipping and injuries as well as prolong the life of your mat. The Mat Towels are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles and printed with water based inks.
HAND TOWEL (24 in x 15 in; .15 lb):
The Hand Towel is perfect for wiping the face, arms and even legs free of sweat during an intense practice. No more sweat in your eyes or slipping in those intense arm balances!! The Hand Towels are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles and printed with water based inks.
10. Why are Yoga Design Lab products eco-friendly?
Our Combo Mats are made of a biodegradable, recyclable 100% natural tree rubber base and microfiber top. The Microfiber is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles! They are free toxic glue and phthalates. Our Towels are also made of our 100% recycled plastic bottles microfiber. All of our inspirational designs are printed with non-fade, water based inks. Our Zoto Bottles are certified free from BPA, phthalates, hormones, lead, and other harmful toxins. Plus, let’s cut our use of plastic bottles! All our products are also vegan-friendly.
11. Does Yoga Design Lab ship internationally?
Amazon.com handles our international shipping and ships most items internationally. Simply go online and shop to see if your country is eligible. We are also opening up new markets often so stay tuned by giving us a like on Facebook or Instagram . We are also listed on Amazon.co.uk that will ship to 26 member European nations and have retailers across the globe! Please click Stores to find a local partner.
12. There is sweat puddling on my mat, what do I do?
During a super sweaty practice, the mat could reach its absorbency capacity. If you see any puddling, just use a small hand towel to remove the excess and comfort and grip should return.
13. Why is my towel slipping on my mat?
Our towels are 100% microfiber and work best atop common sticky mats, rubber mats, and textured mats. Washing and tumble drying your towel will help to remove any creases from packaging and will allow it to lay flatter as well.
14. My mat has a white spot or scratch, what do I do?
We do our best to catch any defects at the factory but some sneak by us. Please write to Info@YogaDesignLab.com if you have this issue.
15. Why does my product seem like a different color than I ordered?
Actual colors may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colors and that everyone sees these colors differently. We try to edit our photos to show the samples as life-like as possible, but please understand the actual color may vary slightly from your monitor. Also the colors of our products vary depending on lighting (indoor, outdoor, soft, fluorescent). We cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product.
16. The product I want is sold out, when will it be back in stock?
We try and make sure that all our beautiful products are always available, however if the product you wish to purchase is currently not in stock, please email email@example.com and let us know the product details and the Amazon site you wish to order from, and we will let you know when it will be available again.
Alternatively, check the Stores section of our website for stockists near you that may have the product in stock.
17. I wish I could buy even more from Yoga Design Lab! Will you be expanding your range?
Yes! And we are just as excited as you!
As well as new designs and models for some of our current products, over the next few months we will be creating a beautiful new range of products. Get excited for mat bags, duffle bags, bolsters, foam rollers, men’s clothing, socks, headbands, rugs, blankets and more!
18. I love my product sooooo much! How can I let you know?
Yay! We love feedback! Not only does it make us smile, but it helps our brand grow. If you love your new mat as much as we think you will, we would be grateful if you left a review on Amazon for us!
I have a question not answered here… Please email Info@YogaDesignLab.com we are happy to help!