Frequently Asked Questions
We’re here for you!!
If you have any concerns or issues with a Yoga Design Lab product, we encourage you to contact us immediately to help resolve it. You can email Info@YogaDesignLab.com for assistance. We are eager to hear your feedback and will work to ensure your total satisfaction.
1. What is Yoga Design Lab’s Return Policy?
In general, we accept returns or exchanges of any unused, unwashed, unworn merchandise in its original packaging for up to 30 days from the date of purchase. We are unable to refund initial shipping fees and return shipping costs. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, we cannot accept returns of mats or towels that have been removed from their original packaging.
- Amazon.com Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here, or you can reach their customer service at 206-266-2992 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.ca Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.ca within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here , or you can reach their customer service at 1-877-586-3230 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.co.uk Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here , or you can reach their customer service at 0800 496 1081 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.de; Amazon.fr; Amazon.es; Amazon.it Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled at the respective amazon account within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. To process the return please enter your account and go on help and return or you can reach their customer service at 0044 (0)207 084 7911 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Amazon.co.jp Purchases: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.co.jp within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Process an online return here, or you can reach their customer service at 00 1206 266 2992 and provide them with your Order Number.
- Australia and New Zealand Purchases: For purchases made via our website for Australia/New Zealand, please email your order number and issue to Info@YogaDesignLab.com for assistance.
- Retailer Purchases (yoga studios, online retailers): Please consult the place of purchase for return policies and any returns or exchanges.
2. Why are Yoga Design Lab ‘Combination Mats’ awesome?
Our signature Combination Mats are not only crazy beautiful but a mat and hot yoga towel combined! No more carrying a towel and mat to class. The Combo Mats feature a sustainable tree rubber base adhered to a velvety soft microfiber (made from recycled plastic bottles!) top offering superior grip while absorbing sweat. In fact, the more you sweat the better your grip!
3. Why are there three thicknesses of Combo Mats?
4. Why am I slipping?
You can slide but you don’t slip!
Upon first touching one of our Combo Mats, you may be a bit surprised to feel the smooth microfiber as its quite different than traditional sticky mats or rubber mats that immediately grip to your hands. Not only do these mats make loads of distracting noises in class, but you may be cheating your muscles from taking on the benefits of the yoga poses. Our mats allow you the freedom to really engage the muscles, and they allow for adjustments and smooth transitioning. If you need to slide your feet a bit closer or bit further, you’ll have the freedom to move and flow without being stuck to your mat.
The sueded microfiber also feels luxurious on the toes as you roll back and forth in sun salutations helping to prevent callouses on the top of the feet. You can slide your heel forward to work toward a full split and gracefully slide it back again not dragging the entire mat with you. If someone does want a little more grip they always have the option of spritzing the mat with a bit of water to increase the microfiber tack. Here is an interesting article about Sticky Mats being the Secret Prop
5. Why are Yoga Design Lab Yoga Towels awesome? Product details?
Our hot yoga towels are not only inspirationally beautiful but made of a top-quality, plush microfiber with sueded finish and extra-strength whipstitching for maximum lifespan. They can also be used as a shower, travel and beach towel!!
MAT TOWEL (72 in x 24 in; .7 lb):
Cover your mat with this lightweight and insanely absorbent beauty to reduce slipping and injuries as well as prolong the life of your mat. The Mat Towels are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles and printed with water based inks.
HAND TOWEL (24 in x 15 in; .15 lb):
The Hand Towel is perfect for wiping the face, arms and even legs free of sweat during an intense practice. No more sweat in your eyes or slipping in those intense arm balances!! The Hand Towels are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles and printed with water based inks.
6. How often do I need to wash my Combo Mat?
Depending on the type of practice, how much you sweat, and personal preference, we recommend washing your Combo Mat every 1-3 uses. If you choose to not wash your mat, still hang it after practice to dry out.
7. How do I wash my YDL Combo Mat or Towel?
- Combo Mats: Although our mats are washing machine-friendly, we do recommend hand-washing with a wet wash cloth and detergent when possible. (This cuts down on the wear and tear of the mat and saves water. Win-win!) However, if you do choose to use a machine, try to find one without an agitator which can cut/damage your mat. Just wash on a gentle cycle, cold water, alone and then hang to dry. Light detergent, no softeners or bleach. DO NOT PUT IN THE DRYER. To speed up drying, wrap mat in a towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Yoga Towels: Machine wash with cold to warm water on a gentle cycle. Light detergent, no softeners or bleach.
8. How do I wash my YDL Zoto Bottle?
We highly recommend hand washing your zoto bottle and using a wire brush to clean the interior and cap rim as required.
9. Why are Yoga Design Lab products eco-friendly?
Our Combo Mats are made of a biodegradable, recyclable 100% natural tree rubber base and microfiber top. The Microfiber is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles! They are free from silicone, toxic glue, and phthalates. Our Towels are also made of our 100% recycled plastic bottles microfiber. All of our inspirational designs are printed with non-fade, water based inks. Our Zoto Bottles are certified free from BPA, phthalates, hormones, lead, and other harmful toxins. Plus, let’s cut our use of plastic bottles! All our products are also vegan-friendly.
10. Does Yoga Design Lab ship internationally?
Amazon.com handles our international shipping and ships most items internationally. Simply go online and shop to see if your country is eligible. We are also opening up new markets often so stay tuned by giving us a like on Facebook or Instagram . We are also listed on Amazon.co.uk that will ship to 26 member European nations and have retailers across the globe! Please click Stores to find a local partner.
11. There is sweat puddling on my mat, what do I do?
During a super sweaty practice, the mat could reach its absorbency capacity. If you see any puddling, just use a small hand towel to remove the excess and comfort and grip should return.
12. Why is my towel slipping on my mat?
Our towels are 100% microfiber and work best atop common sticky mats, rubber mats, and textured mats. Washing and tumble drying your towel will help to remove any creases from packaging and lay flatter as well.
13. My mat has a white spot or scratch, what do I do?
We do our best to catch any defects at the factory but some sneak by us. Please write to Info@YogaDesignLab.com if you have this issue.
I have a question not answered here… Please email Info@YogaDesignLab.com we are happy to help!